A Tale of Two Sisters
Original Score by Jonathan Hartman
Chris Roe (Bereave, The Employer), Writer/Director, Exec Producer
Matt O’Neill, Producer
Starring Traci Lords (Excision, Blade), Bruce Davison ( Xmen, The Fosters), Michael Broderick (American Crime Story, NCIS), Ros Gentle (American Crime Story)
Set in 1949, a Hollywood star mourns the loss of her beloved sister on the one year anniversary of her death. When the truth of her murder is revealed, a surprise visitor returns. Time is running out.
Will justice be served? Tick tock tick tock…
I had the pleasure of first working with Chris Roe years ago my first feature THE EMPLOYER. So when he approached me to score Cemetery Tales: A Tale of Two Sisters, and I jumped at the opportunity. Black and white, with a retro feel of the late 1940s inspired by Sunset Blvd, Hitchcock and classic Bernard Hermann film scores, this was a rare chance to stretch my wings and compose something hauntingly beautiful.
The film, as well as my original score has garnered many award nominations and wins.
- Southern Shorts Awards (2019), Best Music, Jonathan Hartman, composer
- Shockfest Film Festival (2019) Best Music, Jonathan Hartman, composer
- Terror in the Bay Film Festival (2019) Best Original Score, Jonathan Hartman
- Crimson Screen Horror Film Fest (2019) Best Director, Chris Roe
- Hot Springs International Horror Film Festival (2019) Won, Best in Category. Best Thriller Short Film
- IndieX Film Festival (2019) Best Production Design Nathaly Lopez (production designer) Tea Time Productions (production company)
- South Film and Arts Academy Festival (2019) Best Art Direction in a Short Film, Nathaly Lopez (production designer) Tea Time Productions (production company)